- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Decision-making and Risk: An Introduction
Understand the decision-making process in a management context
How do we make decisions? How does our understanding of risk affect our decisions? Get answers to these questions and more, with this short course that explores big ideas about decision-making and risk.
You will learn about the definition of risk and look at some of the barriers that hinder effective decision-making in our professional and personal lives. You will also look at some techniques that could help overcome these barriers, and analyse Daniel Kahneman’s decision-making model.
- The difference between risk and uncertainty: are our professional and personal decisions as good as we think they are?
- The nature of data and information
- The challenges facing data management
- Risk management
- Barriers to effective decision-making
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the nature of data and information
- Explore the challenges facing data management
- Explain the difference between risk and uncertainty
- Explore and deal with barriers to effective decision-making
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to improve their knowledge of decision-making and risk within an organisation or business.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Advance your career with a degree
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLdecisionmakingandrisk to talk about this course on social media.