Weekly study10 hours
Depreciation and Budgetary Control
Understand the best ways to execute cost control for a construction project
This online course is designed to help you understand Earned Value Analysis (EVA). It covers the tools and techniques of the work breakdown structure, right through to the successful delivery of regular earned value reports to aid decision-making in construction projects.
The course will assist you to understand how to apply proven methods for preparing estimates, developing and tracking budgets, and use EVA to ensure that the forecast benefits and Return On Investment (ROI) are achieved in construction projects.
- Managing liquidity
- Earned Value Analysis, its principles and benefits for a construction project
- Earned Value Management principles and benefits
- Earned Value Management system review
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate how to manage liquidity and working capital
- Explore the meaning of Earned Value Analysis and its importance in construction
- Evaluate appraising performance: ratio analysis to appraise profitability, liquidity, efficiency and risk
- Assess cost, volume and profit techniques in the analysis of construction firms
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of cost control cycle, how it fits in the life cycle of a construction project and the best ways to execute cost control for a construction projects.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.