- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
Creative Problem Solving: Design Thinking in Health and Social Care
Explore how design thinking can be applied in health and social care
Healthcare systems face many issues: increasing demand, limited budgets, and major health challenges like ageing populations. New approaches are needed to ensure healthcare systems are working as well as they can.
Design thinking is an innovative approach that offers valuable strategies for creating ‘user-centred care’. On this course you will learn the core principles of design thinking including visualisation, iteration, and collaboration. You will explore how it can be applied to the healthcare sector, analysing recent case studies across a range of health and social care settings.
- Core principles of design thinking (user-centred design, visualisation, iteration and collaboration)
- The design process, from understanding and reframing a problem, through testing and rapid prototyping, to launching a minimum viable product/service and continuous optimisation
- Introduction to key design methods and how to apply them
- Learning and discussion about design thinking as a highly relevant tool for problem solving in healthcare
- Analysis of recent case studies in a range of health and social care settings
- Regular opportunities for discussion of how design methods could be applied in learners’ working environments
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate methods by which complex problems can be reframed as opportunities
- Apply design thinking as a creative force to drive and foster innovation and change
- Interpret systemic, intractable challenges through the eyes of users (people, patients, staff)
- Explore the use of prototypes to test solutions with minimum cost and risk
- Identify opportunities for using design methods within your own health or social care environment
- Reflect on insights from successful design-led innovation projects in a range of health settings
Who is the course for?
This course is for healthcare and social care professionals, who are interested in making positive change.
The course is ideal for both clinical and non-clinical staff and features methods and tools that can be applied by managers, consultants, nurses, allied health professionals, and community care staff.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLDesignThinking to talk about this course on social media.