Creative Problem Solving: Design Thinking in Health and Social Care
Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 4 hours
Extra benefits From $74 Find out more
Explore how design thinking can be applied in health and social care
Healthcare systems face many issues: increasing demand, limited budgets, and major health challenges like ageing populations. New approaches are needed to ensure healthcare systems are working as well as they can.
Design thinking is an innovative approach that offers valuable strategies for creating ‘user-centred care’. On this course you will learn the core principles of design thinking including visualisation, iteration, and collaboration. You will explore how it can be applied to the healthcare sector, analysing recent case studies across a range of health and social care settings.
What topics will you cover?
- Core principles of design thinking (user-centred design, visualisation, iteration and collaboration)
- The design process, from understanding and reframing a problem, through testing and rapid prototyping, to launching a minimum viable product/service and continuous optimisation
- Introduction to key design methods and how to apply them
- Learning and discussion about design thinking as a highly relevant tool for problem solving in healthcare
- Analysis of recent case studies in a range of health and social care settings
- Regular opportunities for discussion of how design methods could be applied in learners’ working environments
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for healthcare and social care professionals, who are interested in making positive change.
The course is ideal for both clinical and non-clinical staff and features methods and tools that can be applied by managers, consultants, nurses, allied health professionals, and community care staff.
Who will you learn with?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: