In this course, we will explore the concept of the entrepreneurial mindset and consider how the way people think can help to explain their actions.
It is often said that one of the keys to entrepreneurial success is the ability to think differently; that entrepreneurs see opportunities that others miss, find solutions that others don’t consider and approach problem solving with a new or different mindset.
Is this different way of thinking a part of an individual’s personality, or something that everyone can learn to do?
• What do we mean by mindset?
• Metacognition – thinking about thinking
• Causal and effectual reasoning
• Developing or improving your mindset
• Understanding values, motivations and behaviours
• Skills, attributes and competencies
• The enterprising mindset and its role in society
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss what is meant by the entrepreneurial mindset
- Compare key factors that might impact upon the formulation of an individual’s approach to entrepreneurial action
- Reflect upon your own mindset and identify areas for improvement
- Critically apply theory to practice in a range of contexts
Who is the course for?
For students undertaking the graduate/ postgraduate certificate, jointly delivered by Coventry University and Deakin University.