Elements of empowerment
In the following article by Pete Sturgess, the National 5 - 11 lead coach, Pete offers some advice on empowering players in relation to creativity.
When you design your next practice, consider how you empower your players to enable creativity.
- How will you design the practice?
- Will you involve the players?
- What questions will you ask them? How will you communicate with the players?
Empowering players is a key part of creating a positive learning environment. However, whilst we often use the term ‘positive learning environment’, how do you define it?
Consider the following questions:
- What is a positive learning environment?
- What can a coach do to create a positive learning environment?
- Why is a positive learning environment important?
- What effects could a negative learning environment have on players / a team?
© University of Birmingham