What topics will you cover?
Reflecting on the growing global epidemic of diabetes, potential causes and priorities for health improvement to:
- Gain an understanding of the personal impact of a diagnosis of diabetes
- Gain understanding about the different types of diabetes and the basic pathophysiology of what causes them, with a focus on type 2 diabetes
- Evaluate the broad options for treatment in different types of diabetes
- Recognise the common complications associated with diabetes and the rationale behind screening for early detection of complications
- Explore the concept of modern long term condition management, patient self care and personalised treatment in contrast to traditional medical management approaches.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
Undergraduate and postgraduate healthcare workers and the general public.
Who will you learn with?
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £34.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLdiabetes to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course