We hope you’ve enjoyed the week.
If this course has inspired you to take your studies further why not study with National STEM Learning Centre?
Teachers or technicians working in state-funded schools in the UK are eligible for an Enthuse Award which can be used to contribute to covering the cost of course fees, supply cover, travel, accommodation, or equipment for your school.
Differentiation: supporting able students in STEM
This two-part course supports you in providing differentiation for high ability students and ensuring that they are sufficiently challenged to fulfil their potential. It will enable the translation of exemplary practice and current research on more able students into highly effective and engaging teaching and learning strategies. Sessions include enquiry skills, promoting higher order thinking and rich questioning. You will experience a wide range of challenging practical teaching strategies and explore extension and enrichment activities that can be used to give breadth and depth.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. The bursary available for this course is £1050.
You will be able to:
- Deliver a range of challenging STEM activities particularly suited to able, gifted and talented students
- Develop and extend your range of teaching and learning strategies that promote higher order thinking and rich questioning
- Enrich and enhance the curriculum for able students using a variety of exciting ideas
- Plan to implement learning to make an impact in your own school
From good to outstanding: making learning visible
Moving from Good to Outstanding is not just about having a wide pedagogical approach, but how you engage all your pupils. Do you have high expectations, appropriate challenges, ways to make progress visible and well-rehearsed routines to move pupils into peer assessment roles or co-operative structures quickly?
Can you show the difference between experience and expertise?
This evidence-informed course for experienced teachers investigates that shift in role to facilitate truly pupil-centered classrooms by evaluating effective approaches.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. The bursary available for this course is £1500.
You will be able to:
- Utilise more active learning approaches to enable students to reach a deeper understanding of issues, content, processes and the important connections between them.
- Consider the current research on evidence-based learning and what works best in the classroom.
Check your progress
Now you’ve reached the end of Week 1, you might like to check your progress. You can do this by selecting the Progress tab at the top of the step.
© National STEM Learning Centre