- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $94
Differentiation for Learning
Learn effective differentiation for learning to enable all students to progress
Every student is different, entering classrooms with varying ideas and understanding. This course will help you improve your understanding and use of differentiating for learning for both primary and secondary education.
You will explore the key principles of effective differentiation for learning, see how teachers use these approaches in their classrooms, and learn how to differentiate for learning by task. Real classroom footage and examples are provided from science and maths lessons.
You will leave the course feeling confident in your ability to respond to evidence of your students’ learning and address their different needs.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the key principles of differentiation for learning.
- Evaluate a range of practical ideas that can be used to scaffold students’ learning.
- Collect and analyse evidence from students on changes implemented in the classroom in order to critically reflect on own practice in order to prioritise next steps in own development
- Develop a classroom culture that motivates all learners.
- Identify approaches to increase challenge and ownership of learning within their teaching context.
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers, curriculum leaders, teaching assistants, newly qualified teachers, trainee teachers and others involved in teaching Science, Engineering, Technology, Computing or Maths. It’s suitable for educators working at primary, secondary or further education (ages 5-19 years).
Teachers of other disciplines will find the course useful to extend their thinking about how to support all learners they teach.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.