Job description: competency-based CV
Now that we’ve looked at transferable skills and competencies, let’s now look at the job description below.
Job description: Facilities Manager
We are a market leading private health care provider. We are currently looking for a Facilities Manager for a 6 month fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring safety, security and operation of our Head Office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all facilities suppliers on a day to day basis – water, utilities, shredding, copiers, vending machines, franking machines, security services, plumbers, electricians, cablers, aircon, flooring, door access systems, painters and decorators, waste control, pest control, glazers, etc.
- Managing day to day handy man repairs on all remote sites as and when required.
- Day to day management of the Reception function
- Daily management of cleaning contractors
- Project manage all fit-out works as required.
- Project manage office relocations including property, telecom, IT, contracts, utilities and services.
- Arrange annual fire inspection reports
- Manage company’s printer maintenance contracts.
Now look at the competency-based CV that is attached as a pdf file.This is called a competency-based CV because it focuses on the competencies required for the job.
Do you think Mr Smith would get the job? Share your reasons in the comments area.
© University of Glasgow