Grow your digital skills by exploring how the internet can improve your life.
In Week 1 we explore widening your network through online communities and the basics of social media. In Week 2 we explore how you can use the internet to manage your finances and improve your health.
What topics will you cover?
- Online activities and the various uses for the internet
- Online communities and how they can add value to your life
- Social media options and how to navigate the social media landscape
- How the internet can make your life easier by supporting everyday tasks
- Using the internet to support and improve health and finances
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed to act as a launch pad for novice digital users to build their online capability and versatility.
Deakin University is one of Australia’s largest universities with more than 61,000 students and over 15,000 online.
Deakin University are offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade, so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLdigitaldiscovery to talk about this course on social media.