Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing Analytics and Measurement: Goals and Attribution Modelling
Learn to create web analytics goals and use attribution modelling reports
Setting up web analytics goals is an essential component of any digital analytics measurement plan.
On this two-week course, you’ll find out how to set up goals in Google Analytics and how to use attribution modelling reports to go beyond the last click. This practice will help you learn how different channels and content contribute to your end goals throughout the user journey.
Discover how to create and use Google analytics goals effectively
You will learn how to set up and customise a range of goals in Google Analytics, including some of the complexities and differences between goals in Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4. You will also explore web analytics goals reports and how to interpret them to gain extra insights on the goals being completed.
Use attribution modelling to explore the steps of a user journey
Digging deeper, you’ll learn about attribution modelling to understand the different steps of a user’s journey that have led to them completing your goals.
You’ll explore the role of contribution modelling in going beyond last-click attribution, how to use a range of reports in Google Analytics to carry it out, and evaluate the different models available. With this knowledge, you’ll understand the benefits and limitations of the models.
By the end, you’ll know how to set up goals in Google Analytics and evaluate the true value of your digital marketing activity.
Develop web analytics skills from digital marketing experts
This course is designed by Target Internet’s CEO Daniel Rowles with The Open University. Daniel has provided expertise to well-known brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
- The role of goals and going beyond last click
- Setting up web analytics goals
- Web analytics goals reports
- Attribution modelling in perspective
- Multi-channel funnel reports
- Attribution modelling models: benefits and limitations
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the importance of goals and the limitations of volume-based metrics
- Demonstrate how to set up and customise goals to be aligned with your organisational objectives
- Identify the role of contribution modelling in going beyond last-click attribution
- Evaluate the different attribution models available and their benefits and limitations
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in using web and channel analytics to get more from their digital marketing activity.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who developed the course?
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital marketing training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends