Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing Analytics and Measurement: Web Analytics in Perspective
Delve into the core concepts of web analytics to drive your digital marketing
For many businesses today, the issue isn’t having enough data but having too much data and not knowing what to do with it.
That’s why marketers who can analyse data and gain insights are in such high demand.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn about the role of web and channel analytics and how you can take a data-driven approach to improve your digital marketing.
Explore the principles of web and channel analytics and data-centric digital marketing
You’ll be introduced to the core concepts and role of analytics, and how it can help you to take a data-driven approach to planning and optimising your digital marketing – from social media to search optimisation.
By exploring how web analytics works using Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4 (GA4), you’ll learn about channel and web analytics planning, metrics, goals, and measuring the right things.
Discover the limitations and technical factors behind web analytics
You’ll also explore the opportunities and limitations of the data you have access to so that you don’t make decisions based on incorrect assumptions or data. You’ll discover how to go beyond last-click attribution and the technical factors to be aware of so you can engage with developers and recognise analytics set-up problems.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand the role of web analytics in planning and optimising your digital marketing activity.
Learn with digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
This course is designed by experts, Target Internet, who keep up to date with the latest trends and provide expertise to well-known brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
- Taking a data-centric approach to digital marketing
- Channel and web analytics planning
- Measuring the right things - from vanity metrics to analytics goals
- How web analytics work and shortcomings of this data
- Google Analytics: Universal Analytics vs. GA4
- Going beyond last-click attribution
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the core concepts and role of analytics at every stage of digital marketing activity
- Explore the limitations of web analytics so that you do not base decisions on incorrect data or assumptions
- Identify the technical factors behind web analytics so you can engage with developers effectively and understand analytics set up problems
- Explore how to plan analytics implementation and processes to maximise the impact of all digital marketing activity
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in using web and channel analytics to get more from their digital marketing activity.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who developed the course?
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital marketing training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends