Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 5 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing Content Creation: Hosting and Measurement
Develop skills to host and publish content and measure its performance
Content hosting and measurement can sometimes seem technical and complex, but in this two-week course, you’ll gain a simple step-by-step guide to hosting, publishing, and measuring a range of content types using practical examples of tools and techniques.
Explore how to maximise reach and engagement with content hosting
Hosting videos may not seem complex if you upload them to YouTube, but what if you want to embed the video onto your website and change the player the user sees? What if you want to publish a podcast to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google at the same time? Or publish an article that can be seen by a wide audience when you don’t have a website or blog?
On this course, you’ll learn about different content hosting approaches, the pros and cons of each, including hosting written, audio, and video content, and how to get the most from your content and overcome the practical challenges of reaching your target audience.
Learn to measure and optimise content using platform and web analytics
You’ll also explore how to measure your content marketing and interpret reports using content hosting platforms and web analytics, such as Google Analytics. Then, you’ll discover how to use this data to identify opportunities to test and optimise content.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to host and measure different forms of written, audio, and video content and develop an iterative approach to content marketing that leads to ongoing improvements.
Designed by email marketing experts who keep up to date with the latest trends
You’ll learn from digital marketing experts, Target Internet, who have provided expertise for the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
- The role of different content hosting approaches
- Hosting written content
- Hosting audio content, including podcasts
- Hosting video content
- Using hosting platforms for measuring content
- Using web analytics (Google Analytics) for measuring content
- Using analytics for content optimisation and testing
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the different approaches to content hosting and the benefits and downsides of each approach
- Evaluate the different types of hosting for different forms of content
- Interpret and analyse content platform and web analytics reports
- Identify the opportunities available through content testing and optimisation
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of content marketing as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends