Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing Content Creation: Podcast Creation and Distribution
Learn how to start podcasting, from planning to marketing and beyond
The popularity of podcasts is growing rapidly. Audiences can listen on their phones while on the move or taking care of everyday tasks. And because they tend to listen to an episode from beginning to end, it’s a great opportunity to establish a deep connection.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn the step-by-step process of planning, recording, editing, and publishing a successful podcast and measuring its effectiveness. Designed by Target Internet’s CEO Daniel Rowles, award-winning author and voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast, this course will expand your digital marketing skillset.
Discover tips and techniques to record, edit, and distribute a podcast to deliver marketing results
Learning from experts, you’ll discover the core stages of planning a podcast to maximise its reach and engagement. Topics include how people listen, the role of podcasting in the user journey, and how you can provide value to your audience with audio content.
You’ll develop the skills and knowledge to create a podcast. From recording, editing, and publishing a podcast to creating podcast landing pages, you’ll delve into the key steps in producing a podcast that will maximise impact.
Explore how to interrogate your podcast analytics and optimise your audio content
You’ll also learn how to calculate the success of your podcast using podcast publishing analytics and web analytics to measure your results, and then how to optimise them to help grow your business. By the end, you’ll know how to create, publish, measure, and optimise podcasts to drive your objectives.
Set yourself up for podcasting success
You’ll benefit from practical training content created by Target Internet who have provided expertise to brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
- Podcast adoption and how people listen to podcasts
- Podcasts in the user journey
- Podcasts for driving organisational objectives
- Podcast landing pages
- Planning podcast audiences and content
- Recording a podcast
- Editing a podcast
- Publishing a podcast
- Measuring podcast results
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the role of podcasting in the user journey and how you can provide value to a defined audience with audio content
- Identify how podcasts can drive reach and engagement, and can impact your desired organisational objectives
- Demonstrate how to record, edit, and distribute a podcast effectively
- Calculate success using podcast publishing analytics and web analytics to help optimise results
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of podcasting and content marketing as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends