This course is part of the Digital Marketing Content Creation ExpertTrack
Digital Marketing Content Creation: Video Creation and Editing
Grow your skills and technical know-how to create, edit, publish, measure, and optimise videos for your digital marketing.
Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Digital Marketing Content Creation: Video Creation and Editing
Explore how to produce compelling video content to deliver your marketing goals
Video content is more important than ever. Videos are easy-to-digest, sharable across multiple platforms, and can be a powerful marketing tool.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn the step-by-step process of planning, creating, editing, publishing, and measuring highly effective video content to drive your marketing objectives.
Discover the fundamentals of video platforms, formats, and channels
Videos can take a huge range of formats for use online; from short engaging videos for TikTok and bite-size educational clips for YouTube to full-length documentary-style videos. They’re watched on a variety of video and social media platforms, with countless hosting options and tools, such as free editing packages and AI-based transcription services.
You’ll delve into video marketing, looking at how to focus on your audience and plan video content around their online user journey. This will help you to assess which video formats, channels, and content will provide the most value.
Develop tools and techniques for video creation, analysis, and optimisation
You’ll explore the steps needed to record and edit videos and then publish, distribute, and measure results. You’ll also learn about video distribution platforms, video search optimisation, and how to measure the success of your videos using video platforms and web analytics and optimise to improve results.
By the end of this course, you’ll know the key steps in creating a well-produced video to maximise reach and engagement.
Learn from digital marketing experts and develop new skills
You’ll benefit from practical training content created by Target Internet who have provided expertise to brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
What topics will you cover?
- Video adoption and how people watch different video formats
- Video in the user journey
- Video for driving organisational objectives
- Video distribution platforms and video search optimisation
- Planning video audiences and content
- Recording video
- Editing video
- Publishing and distributing video
- Measuring video results
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the role of video in the user journey and how you can provide value to a defined audience with video content
- Explore how video can drive reach and engagement, and can impact your desired organisational objectives
- Demonstrate how to record, edit, and distribute a video effectively
- Calculate the success of a video using video platform analytics and web analytics to help optimise results
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of video and content marketing as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who will you learn with?
MD TargetInternet.com - helping upskill the world's leading organisations in Digital Marketing & Digital Transformation.
Host of the Digital Marketing Podcast, a global top 20 business podcast.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn