Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing Strategy: Creating Objectives and Using Measurement Frameworks
Plan a meaningful digital marketing strategy with The Open University
On this two-week course from The Open University and digital marketing experts Target Internet, you’ll explore the ‘O’ in the SOSTAC® framework, which stands for ‘Objectives’.
You’ll discover how to set meaningful objectives and how to put a measurement framework in place to track your progress towards them.
Define your primary digital marketing objective to achieve success for your business
While your strategy will have a number of desired outcomes, it’s important to define your primary objective, which will be the nearest thing to your overall business objective. Through expert guidance, you’ll discover the differences between these objectives and how they should work together.
You’ll learn how to set up your primary objective as an analytics goal in Google Analytics so you can build reports, such as multi-channel funnels. You’ll also learn how to set and improve key performance indicators for your channels and measure how each one contributes to your primary objective.
Discover how to use dashboards to improve your tactical digital marketing
As you work through the examples and activities, you’ll grow your skills and confidence to use dashboards to inform your decisions and generate ideas to improve your tactical activity. This could be changing a channel to see what impact it has on your end objectives or increasing the budget in a particular channel.
Benefit from expert insights to help cement your knowledge in strategy planning
This course is designed by practitioners who have worked with leading brands, including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros. Lead Educator Daniel Rowles, Target Internet’s CEO, is an award-winning author and voice of the Digital Marketing Podcast.
- Setting objectives
- Organisation and primary objectives
- Aligning web analytics goals
- Setting up measurement frameworks
- Channel metrics and attribution
- Connecting objectives and control
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the importance of setting up clear goals so that your tactical activity can achieve your strategy objectives
- Identify the need to align your analytics goals with your strategic objectives so you can measure success and plan tactical activity
- Explore how to implement measurement frameworks that connect the objectives and control elements of your strategic plan
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of digital marketing strategy as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies in marketing, communications and business more generally.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends