Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Digital Marketing Strategy: Developing Strategy and Strategic Positioning
Build critical skills in digital marketing strategy and strategic positioning
This course will focus on the second ‘S’ in SOSTAC® – strategy and strategic positioning.
Over two weeks, you’ll be guided through how to define your organisation’s overarching strategy and how to clarify your strategic positioning.
Improve your strategy planning know-how
Your strategy is your overall approach and states four key things: what you’ll do, what it will focus on, what it will achieve, and what the market impact will be. Learning from experts in digital marketing, you’ll gain the tips and tools you need to do this well, including example strategies to help you craft your own.
Discover strategic positioning and how it impacts your digital marketing tactics
Strategic positioning is what your brand stands for. It’s not a strapline but sums up what value you provide to your target audience. During the course, you’ll explore ideas and methods to help you determine your organisation’s strategic positioning and understand how this will help you engage with your audience meaningfully at every stage of the user journey.
By the end of the two weeks, you’ll understand how your overarching strategy and strategic positioning are connected and be able to ensure they align with your organisation and customer objectives.
Learn from experts with experience in digital marketing strategy
You’ll develop your skills with Target Internet’s CEO Daniel Rowles, who has over two decades of experience working with leading brands, including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros. He’s also an award-winning author and voice of the popular Digital Marketing Podcast.
- Defining strategy
- How strategy impacts all digital marketing plans
- Example digital marketing strategies
- Understanding strategic positioning
- How strategic positioning impacts all digital marketing tactical activity
- Delivering on strategic positioning
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the importance of setting a clear overarching strategy to inform all of your digital marketing plans
- Assess the need to have clarity on your strategic positioning to inform all of your tactical digital marketing activity
- Explore how your overarching strategy and strategic positioning are connected and allow you to align your organisation objectives and customer objectives
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of digital marketing strategy as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies in marketing, communications and business more generally.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends