Weekly study8 hours
Digital and Physical Aspects of Resilience, Security and Emerging Technologies
What is at stake for the interconnected world under the RSET paradigms?
The course will look at both digital and physical aspects of resilience and security, and the growing concerns posed by advanced and persistent cyber threats and societal vulnerabilities to emerging risks.
It will focus on the World EcF global risk analysis factors, with due regard for the impact predictive analysis, scenario analysis and the role big data plays in attaining a robust measure of resilience and security. It will also cover the measures taken to safeguard emerging technologies.
- Definitions of risk
- The World Economic Forums risk categories
- Tools for analysing risk
- The paradigm model
- Cultural, social and cognitive biases
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify the concepts of risk and how they affect Resilience, Security and Emerging Technologies
- Assess case studies with global RSET implications
- Explore predictive analysis and scenario analysis as a tool for RSET management
- Discuss paradigm issues with RSET
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at students who wish to understand the concepts of risk and how they affect resilience, security and emerging technologies.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.