- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Information Security Policy and Management
Discover the influence of policy, plan and procedure on digital security
Information Security policies are designed to help individuals within an organisation practice behaviours which reduce the risk of a breach to digital security.
On this course, you’ll explore the key terms and critical concepts of information security, enabling you to successfully navigate and even create company data security policies at work.
Understand security policies
You’ll look at the reasons organisations create Information Security Policies, which may include detecting and forestalling the compromise of information security such as misuse of data, networks, computer systems, and applications
You’ll consider the five goals of security governance: * Strategic alignment * Risk management * Resource management * Performance measurement * Value delivery
You’ll also look at the Information Security Management System (ISMS), a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure.
Discover access control
Study the key principles of access control, including control architecture models, password security issues, and biometrics (a way of identifying and authenticating individuals through the use of unique biological characteristics).
You’ll unpack contingency planning (CP), the process of positioning an organisation to prepare for, detect, react to, and recover from man-made or natural threats to information security assets.
Examine incident response strategies
Finally, you’ll explore incident response; the methodology an organisation uses to respond to and manage a cyber-attack.
You’ll look at the goals of an incident response strategy, the different stages and the various teams involved. You’ll conclude by considering how to develop an effective incident response planning policy.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the role of a security policy and how it protects people, organisations, and information
- Evaluate the influence of policy on establishing acceptable bounds for behaviour
- Evaluate existing IT governance policies
- Explain self-direction in designing security policies to defend assets within the context of global communication and the web
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is keen to increase their knowledge of digital security risks and the tools and techniques used to guard against them.
Explore how to protect against cyber attacks using the key principles of digital security.