Discover the influence of policy, plan and procedure on digital security
This course will investigate the role of a cyber security policy, the assets that need to be protected, the threats to those assets and the rules and controls for protecting them.
You’ll also carry out a critical analysis of existing policies and examine guidance on designing a security policy.
What topics will you cover?
- Guiding principles of information security
- Developing pragmatic security policies and ensuring universal participation
- Implementing and maintaining information security within the enterprise
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the role of a security policy and how it protects people, organisations, and information
- Evaluate the influence of policy on establishing acceptable bounds for behaviour
- Evaluate existing IT governance policies
- Explain self-direction in designing security policies to defend assets within the context of global communication and the web
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who is keen to increase their knowledge of digital security risks and the tools and techniques used to guard against them.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.