Why join the course?
The course offers an opportunity to network with other learners and with the creators of the course through discussions, graphs and social networking features and to share knowledge with other learners and professionals. By completing this online course participants will be able to describe:
the swallowing process and different causes of swallowing problems
the different types of medicines formulations and how these should be administered to patients
how tablets and capsules are designed to ensure that drugs are appropriately distributed in the body
special considerations which need to be taken into account when giving medicines to older people and children
the law relating to the selection and administration of medicines
how best to administer medicines to patients with dysphagia
You can use the hashtag #FLswallowMed to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.
We look forward to seeing you on the course.
What topics will you cover?
- Definition and causes of dysphagia
- How to improve medicines administration for patients with dysphagia
- Supporting patients with dysphagia to take their medicines
- Different medicine formulations and the important considerations for patients with dysphagia
- Legal and ethical considerations when administering medicines to patients with dysphagia
- Standardising the approach to reviewing medicines in patients with dysphagia
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
There are no requirements for this course, other than an interest in swallowing difficulties and medicines. The course will be of particular interest to carers, nurses and those in the field of medicine
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLswallowMed to talk about this course on social media.