In this course, we will ask: How do we translate real-life experiences into e-learning for healthcare? How can our e-learning tell powerful stories? How can we design high quality and reusable e-learning resources? How can we best get our ideas across to multiple audiences?
We will introduce a methodology that you can use yourself to design your own e-learning objects in all sorts of contexts, not just health.
By the end of the course, you will have created your own storyboard and specification for a high-quality piece of e-learning, which you can develop further after the course.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss pedagogical approaches to e-learning in Health. In particular the specific characteristics of learning resources that contribute to effectiveness within a health setting.
- Discuss the context of Health-related e-learning resources and OER.
- Investigate examples of health resources developed and used by different stakeholders, their evaluation and effectiveness.
- Apply the HELM ‘ASPIRE’ framework for resource development.
- Develop storyboards with different stakeholders.
- Apply storyboarding tools and methods.
- Identify and use assets (images, video, quizzes etc.) within learning resources.
- Develop evaluation strategies for resources.
- Investigate various tools and methods for converting your storyboard ideas into a web-based resource. If you choose, you can create your resource and share it with the other participants.
Who is the course for?
This course is relevant for people who work in e-learning in any area of medicine and healthcare. The practical nature of the course means that you can easily apply what you learn in the workplace. While our focus is around health, the course and methods presented are transferable to many other contexts and sectors so it is suitable for anyone with an interest in designing e-learning.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLelearninghealth to talk about this course on social media.