Nutrition: Eating to Live Well
The CPD Certification Service was established in 1996 and is the leading independent CPD accreditation institution operating across industry sectors to complement the CPD policies of professional and academic bodies. Find out more.
Discover the effect nutrition has on humans throughout their lives
Have you ever wondered how what you eat affects your health? Nutrition plays a key role in human health and disease prevention. On this course, you will explore the food health crisis of modern times, and learn how nutrition can help humans experience longer and healthier lives.
This course will explore the foundation of nutrition and metabolism in the human body, and teach you how to assess a healthy nutrition plan. You will also be introduced to nutrition recommendations for different ages and stages of life, including for breastfeeding mothers and those living with disease.
Did you know there is a version of this course in Mandarin Chinese? If you would like to join the Chinese version you can find it here.
- The health crisis that many modern people are facing.
- The importance of breastfeeding & dietary suggestions for breastfeeding mothers.
- The importance of glutamine: how does it affect our health?
- Introduction to health foods and nutrition supplements.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore dietary focus for different stages of life.
- Classify nutritional supplements, diet food and medical food.
- Reflect self dietary habit toward better quality of life.
- Investigate the function of glutamine.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in how nutrition affects the human body.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.