- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Orientation to Educational Neuroscience
Hold on to your seat as we launch into the exciting (r)evolution in Education!
We live in an exciting time of technology and neuroscience advancement. Education is being enhanced and changed by evidence-based findings from the new field of Educational Neuroscience (Brain Science) and, as educators, we need to capitalise on these new opportunities.
In this course, learners will gain contemporary insights into the brain that will inform their professional practice and underpin the development of optimal learning experiences. Underpinned by Dr Louis Cozolino’s research concerning the evolution of the social brain and ‘Nine things educators need to know about the brain’, this sample course explores compromised and optimal learning environments for 21st century students.
- The brain’s evolution as a social organ
- Social-emotional learning in the classroom
- The mind-body link and it’s implications for learning and memory
- Growth mindset as a neural process for maximising learning
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore important understandings and concepts about the brain
- Reflect on the significance of compromised learning environments on the social brain and the implication for learning and memory
- Demonstrate knowledge of introductory educational neuroscience findings
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers, educators, pre-service teachers and those with an interest in the new emerging field of educational neuroscience.
Who developed the course?
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Our courses are designed alongside industry and many include hands-on, practical learning experiences and project-based learning. Our commitment to making real-world knowledge and skills accessible to all has seen us being awarded global recognition. We are ranked among the top 2% of Universities in the world.
- LocationRockhampton, Australia
Discover the new field of educational neuroscience. Study evidence-based research on the application of neuroscience in learning.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLedneuroscience to talk about this course on social media.