Build your network and personal brand online and in the real world
Networking is a fundamental business skill, which will help you take control of your career. Understanding the benefits of business networking, and how to overcome common networking barriers is a valuable skill.
This online course introduces the principles of effective networking, which will help develop your personal brand.
You’ll learn how to analyse the value of your existing connections, and find out how to create and manage your digital presence for networking on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
You’ll also learn how to write an elevator pitch and get feedback on it from the course educators.
What topics will you cover?
- Nature and benefits of networking
- Barriers to networking and how to overcome them
- Frameworks for self-assessment and communicating professional strengths and interests
- Interpersonal skills including giving and receiving feedback, listening and using appropriate body language
- Online communication in a professional context
- Fundamentals of brand equity as applied to individuals
- Monitoring, evaluation and planning for improving the mutual value of networking activity
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the principles of effective networking
- Improve your impression-management skills in a professional context
- Develop your analytical and prioritisation skills
- Identify, select and use online tools to enhance your digital presence
- Develop the potential of your personal brand
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for anyone looking to enhance and develop their professional network in order to open up opportunities and strengthen their professional relationships.
The course does not require any previous experience of studying networking.
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website.
IMPORTANT! If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Business and Finance Fundamentals program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLBFnetworking to talk about this course on social media.