We’ll show you, line by line, how to program interactive synthesizers, drum machines and even algorithmic music systems that can generate music automatically.
You’ll also find out how to develop user interfaces with knobs, sliders and other elements.
The music software and user interfaces you make will run in any web browser that supports the Web Audio API, including Safari on iOS and Chrome on Android.
- Sound synthesis
- Drum machine and sampled sound
- Musical user interfaces
- Algorithmic composition and algorave
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Synthesise audio in real-time in web browsers using the Web Audio API
- Design sound synthesis algorithms
- Apply clocks and triggers to play back sampled sounds in rhythmic patterns
- Design user interfaces that allow non-coders to control your electronic music software
- Apply algorithmic music techniques to generate music automatically using probability and rules
Who is the course for?
This course requires access to a computer with an up to date web browser and a sound output.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLmusictools to talk about this course on social media.