Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Email Marketing eCRM: CRM and Marketing Automation
Explore the role of CRM and marketing automation to improve your email marketing
To get the most out of your email marketing, you need the right tools to store your email lists, create and send email campaigns, and track your results.
On this two-week course, you will be guided through the technology options available to you, from selecting the right systems to making the best use of their functionality, helping you work smarter with email marketing.
Discover the right email service provider for your business
There are lots of different email service providers (ESPs), from the basic through to highly sophisticated ones. These tools can store your customer data, tag characteristics, put people into lists, build rules to trigger emails, score email leads, and more. The course will help you explore what these tools do, how they’re used, and the overlap and differences between them.
You’ll learn about the role of customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation and how you can use them to dramatically improve your user journeys and maximise your organisational goals.
Understand how to get the most from CRM and marketing automation
You will also learn how to implement an effective approach to automation to improve reach, engagement, and conversion. Topics include identifying opportunities to collect data, triggered email and workflows, chat-bots, personalisation, ad targeting, testing, measurement, and iteration.
By the end, you’ll understand the role of ESPs, CRM, and marketing automation, how to choose the right platform for your business, and how to get the most from them.
Learn from digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
You’ll benefit from practical training content created by experts who have provided expertise to brands including the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
- CRM and marketing automation in perspective
- The ESP, CRM and marketing automation overlap
- Opportunities for data collection
- Triggered email and workflows
- Going beyond email – content, chatbots and targeting
- Testing, measurement and iteration
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the different use cases and ways of using CRM and automation to improve user journeys and maximise organisational goals
- Explain the role of measurement and data to create an approach of on-going campaign improvement
- Explain how to use CRM and automation systems for email, as well as how they can be used for chat-bots, personalisation, and ad targeting
- Explore the differences between ESPs, CRM, and marketing automation platforms
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of email marketing as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends