This course is part of the Email Marketing eCRM ExpertTrack
Email Marketing eCRM: The User Journey
Learn to use email marketing effectively throughout the user journey to drive engagement and deliver objectives.
Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Email Marketing eCRM: The User Journey
Develop a customer-centric approach to email marketing across the user journey
Email marketing can be one of the most effective forms of digital marketing when it’s done right.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to use email marketing successfully across each stage of the user journey. You’ll also discover how a customer-centric email marketing plan can help you align your audience objectives and business goals.
Discover how to align your email marketing activity within the user journey
Getting back to marketing fundamentals, you’ll learn why it’s important to set email marketing objectives to achieve your goals and how your campaigns can be more successful when you focus on understanding your target audience and their journey online.
You’ll also discover the essential building blocks to carry out your campaign activity, including what to avoid and why it’s important to measure and optimise your campaigns.
Learn how to take a user-centric approach for effective email marketing
You’ll be introduced to some of the tools, techniques, and metrics needed to create high-performing email marketing campaigns, including email service providers (ESP), customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation systems. You’ll also learn how to prevent your emails from finding themselves in spam or junk folders or getting immediately deleted.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to use email marketing throughout the user journey and understand how to take a user-centric approach to drive engagement and deliver your objectives.
Learn from digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
This course is designed by experts, Target Internet, who keep up to date with the latest trends, providing expertise to well-known brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
What topics will you cover?
- Understand the role of email in the user journey
- Spam and email volumes
- User journey mapping and email marketing
- Email service providers (ESPs)
- The role of customer relationship management (CRM) and automation systems
- Keeping iteration and measurement at the core of email marketing activity
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the role of email in achieving your digital objectives
- Explore how to take a user centric approach to email that will align your audience and organisational objectives
- Explore what should be avoided when planning email marketing activity
- Reflect on how email should be used differently at each stage of the user journey
- Investigate the key tools involved including email service providers (ESP), customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation (MA)
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of email marketing as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who will you learn with?
MD TargetInternet.com - helping upskill the world's leading organisations in Digital Marketing & Digital Transformation.
Host of the Digital Marketing Podcast, a global top 20 business podcast.
Who developed the course?
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn