Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Email Marketing eCRM: The User Journey
Develop a customer-centric approach to email marketing across the user journey
Email marketing can be one of the most effective forms of digital marketing when it’s done right.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to use email marketing successfully across each stage of the user journey. You’ll also discover how a customer-centric email marketing plan can help you align your audience objectives and business goals.
Discover how to align your email marketing activity within the user journey
Getting back to marketing fundamentals, you’ll learn why it’s important to set email marketing objectives to achieve your goals and how your campaigns can be more successful when you focus on understanding your target audience and their journey online.
You’ll also discover the essential building blocks to carry out your campaign activity, including what to avoid and why it’s important to measure and optimise your campaigns.
Learn how to take a user-centric approach for effective email marketing
You’ll be introduced to some of the tools, techniques, and metrics needed to create high-performing email marketing campaigns, including email service providers (ESP), customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation systems. You’ll also learn how to prevent your emails from finding themselves in spam or junk folders or getting immediately deleted.
By the end of this course, you’ll know how to use email marketing throughout the user journey and understand how to take a user-centric approach to drive engagement and deliver your objectives.
Learn from digital marketing experts, Target Internet with The Open University
This course is designed by experts, Target Internet, who keep up to date with the latest trends, providing expertise to well-known brands such as the BBC, Sony, Tesco, Vodafone, Mercedes, L’Oreal, and Warner Bros.
- Understand the role of email in the user journey
- Spam and email volumes
- User journey mapping and email marketing
- Email service providers (ESPs)
- The role of customer relationship management (CRM) and automation systems
- Keeping iteration and measurement at the core of email marketing activity
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the role of email in achieving your digital objectives
- Explore how to take a user centric approach to email that will align your audience and organisational objectives
- Explore what should be avoided when planning email marketing activity
- Reflect on how email should be used differently at each stage of the user journey
- Investigate the key tools involved including email service providers (ESP), customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation (MA)
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for those who are interested in deepening their understanding of email marketing as part of their overall approach to digital marketing.
It will be of particular interest to anyone wishing to further their studies and practical knowledge of marketing, communications, and business.
Who developed the course?
As the UK’s largest university, The Open University (OU) supports thousands of students to achieve their goals and ambitions via supported distance learning, helping to fit learning around professional and personal life commitments.
LocationMilton Keynes, UK
World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Target Internet delivers digital marketing training to some of the world’s leading organisations, as well as building online learning that is used in over 100 countries worldwide. As publishers of the global Digital Marketing Skills Benchmark and the Digital Marketing Podcast, they have unrivalled access to market insights and expertise.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends