Why join the course?
The global rising demand for a stable energy supply requires flexible energy storage. On this course you will learn about the most promising energy storage technologies, such as batteries, and how they can affect the future of the transportation and power sectors.
You will examine the benefits of using battery energy storage for industrial products – underground mining – and in mobility. You will also discover the lithium-ion battery production supply chain and manufacturing process. In line with current advancements in battery technologies, this course mostly focuses on lithium-ion batteries.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of energy storage
- Needs for energy storage and storage alternatives
- Energy storage in the power and transportation sectors
- Energy storage and our energy future
- Large scale lithium-ion battery production
- Supply chain and battery manufacturing process of lithium-ion batteries
- Application of battery storage in underground mining
- The business case of electrification for underground mining
- Environmental considerations of battery-powered machines for underground mining
- Current electric vehicle market
- Charging infrastructure
- New electric vehicle business models
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals and postgraduate academics with energy, business, financial, economic and engineering backgrounds, but anyone interested in developing their knowledge of energy storage and enhancing their professional development (from policy makers to management consultants) might find it useful.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLBatteryRevolution to talk about this course on social media.