Learn with English language teachers worldwide
This continued professional development course is for EFL teachers around the world who are interested in improving their understanding of their students and creating genuinely inclusive teaching practices.
The course specifically builds four professional practices that will improve your skills and knowledge based on the British Council’s teacher development framework. It is focused on improving:
Understanding of learners
Knowledge of the subject Use of inclusive practices Learning assessment
Foster student engagement through better understanding
For the best learning outcomes, it’s important to understand what motivates your students and build rapport based on that understanding. This course allows you to watch experienced teachers interact with their students and see how they build rapport, offer praise, and encourage them to speak up in class.
Create a genuinely inclusive EFL classroom
Successful teaching offers students a way to achieve their learning outcomes using a range of processes. This shows you how you can differentiate texts, tasks, and media to support all of your students. You’ll also consider different ways to produce evidence of understanding and evaluate your own inclusive teaching practices.
Learn with EFL teachers around the world
You’ll spend a week focusing on each of these different practices. The course material is supported by video interviews with experienced teachers and classroom films from around the world. You’ll also receive downloadable teaching resources at every stage to give you the best chance of turning your learning into practice.
- Learner motivation
- Building rapport
- Getting learners talking
- What should a teacher know?
- Different kinds of knowledge
- Language analysis for learners
- Practising new language
- What is diversity?
- Differentiating content
- Differentiating process
- Differentiating product
- Why do we assess learners?
- Types of assessment
- Assessing speaking
- Assessing writing
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare teaching approaches and experience with others from around the world.
- Reflect on the factors involved in learner motivation and consider the implications for our teaching practice.
- Discuss different types of knowledge and what a teacher needs to know.
- Evaluate ways to check understanding and practice language.
- Identify and value diversity, and apply strategies to promote inclusive education.
- Evaluate different types of assessment and reflect on assessment criteria and activities for speaking and writing.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at English language teachers at all levels. You will need an intermediate level English (around B1 on the CEFR) in order to engage with the course materials.
Understand and plan your professional development as an EFL teacher, with this flexible teaching ExpertTrack.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLsuccessfulLearning to talk about this course on social media.