What topics will you cover?
Planning lessons and courses
- Why and how do teachers plan lessons and courses.
- What are the key factors to consider?
- Identifying aims and stages in your own and others’ lessons.
- Making the most of the resources available to you.
- The role of technology.
- Using flashcards and realia.
- Boardwork, Sharing resources with others.
Managing the lesson
- Factors that influence learning.
- Teacher language and the use of L1.
- Pair and group work.
- Engaging learners.
Taking responsibility for professional development
- Peer observation.
- Identifying professional development needs.
- Personal learning networks.
- Reflective practice.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at teachers of English as a foreign language at all levels. Intermediate level English (around B1 on the CEFR) is required.
Who will you learn with?
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For £59 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLsuccessfulLessons to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course