Summary and reflection
In this first week we introduced you to enhancing learning and teaching in higher education through a process of evaluation and by drawing on your own experiences, the literature and the experience of your peers. We further explored key aspects and external factors affecting your practice, ranging from your individual (micro) context through to a broader context (macro).
At the meso and macro levels, we focused on situating your practice within the broader policy framework. Finally, you focused on how you could align evaluation with quality enhancement across all levels of practice within your context.
- what we mean by the term evaluation
- what can be evaluated
- what key questions to ask when planning an evaluation
- the relationship between reflection and evaluation
- resources and models for evaluation
- key aspects affecting your practice ranging from micro through to macro
- reflecting on your practice within the broader policy framework
- positioning your enhancement within the strategic frameworks of your contexts.
We also asked you to think about what you might evaluate for your mini-evaluation.
In Week 2 we’ll focus on how to evaluate. You will be introduced to a three-step framework that will structure your mini-evaluation.
Take the time to think about how the learnings from this week relate to your context and practice. These reflections will contribute to your ePortfolio task (3a).
© UNSW Sydney 2017