This course is part of the Future of Fashion and Media with Condé Nast ExpertTrack
Ethics and Diversity in Fashion
Explore the increasing demand for ethical fashion and discover how brands are responding to these evolving consumer desires.
Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Ethics and Diversity in Fashion
Examine ethical fashion alongside industry specialists
Ethics and diversity within the fashion industry is a subject that has become more visible in recent times, with brands continually needing to adapt to consumer demands and wider global trends.
On this three-week course, you’ll be introduced to ethics and diversity within the luxury fashion industry and delve into exclusive content and insights from industry experts and academics from the creators of Vogue.
You’ll examine the complex nature of communicating fashion ideas and concepts alongside ethical and diversity considerations, and learn how brands are responding to these complexities.
Study the importance of brand values in the fashion industry
As consumer appetite for brand transparency and more ethical fashion grows, it has become increasingly important for companies to embed principles of ethics and diversity into their brand values and marketing approaches.
You’ll explore this global shift to an ethical and diverse fashion industry and the tactics fashion brands are using to respond to these issues now, and how they will evolve to respond in the future.
Gaining an insight into movements and consumer behaviours, you’ll develop your understanding of brand values, consumer reactions to global issues, and how the fashion industry is impacted by this.
Consider the future of ethics and diversity in fashion marketing
With a developed understanding of the global trends currently making an impact, you’ll look at insights into the future to see how ethics and diversity will continue to be incorporated into the fashion industry.
You’ll even develop your own ideas and produce creative pieces of work, including a social media concept for Vogue to put into practice everything you have learned.
What topics will you cover?
- Ethics & Diversity Issues in the Fashion Industry
- Consumer Behaviour
- Current Movements Surrounding Ethics & Diversity
- Sustainability Practices for Luxury Brands
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of the complex nature of ethics and diversity issues in the fashion industry.
- Develop independent views and thoughts on ethics and diversity in the fashion industry.
- Interpret insights into movements and consumer behaviours related to ethics and diversity in fashion communication.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in the fashion industry and the subject of ethics and diversity.
It is an introductory level into how fashion brands market their products and communicate their values while being inclusive and diverse.
Who developed the course?
Condé Nast College
The Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design provides students with world-class education both online and in the heart of London. In preparing students for a career in the fashion, media and luxury lifestyle industries, we open the doors to a unique world of excellence and creativity.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn