Microsoft Future Ready: Ethics and Law in Data and Analytics
Analyse data ethics in the context of a legal framework and its impact on AI
During this course, you’ll learn how to apply ethical and legal frameworks to the powerful AI and Analytics tools used by corporations, governments and individuals. You’ll also learn how to use practical approaches to tackle data and analytics problems.
Delve into the legalities and ethics of data sharing, privacy and algorithmic decision-making
Data professionals use different analytical tools to create real-world outcomes. Though it’s important to achieve optimal results, we must also consider the ethics surrounding data sharing, privacy and algorithmic decision-making.
This course will teach how to apply legal and ethical frameworks to initiatives in the data profession. You’ll also learn how to investigate applied data methods for ethical and legal work in Analytics and AI, a useful skill in this increasingly competitive and technologically complicated world.
Explore practical approaches to data and analytics
There are many problems posed by work in Big Data, Data Science and AI. During this course, you’ll explore practical approaches to help tackle these data and analytics challenges.
By the end of the course, you’ll be comfortable with the ethical and legal frameworks surrounding AI and Analytics, giving you a deeper understanding of the problems faced by data professionals.
- Identify the concepts of the data revolution
- Describe how ethics and data interact
- Recognise the types of bias inherent in processing data
- Explore the application of best practices to the use of big data
- Define privacy by design
- Interpret the application of the GDPR to businesses
- Identify concepts in data analytics and artificial intelligence
- Examine the justification in using XAI and GAI
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Foundational abilities in applying ethical and legal frameworks for the data profession
- Practical approaches to data and analytics problems, including Big Data and Data Science and AI
- Applied data methods for ethical and legal work in Analytics and AI
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone, including data scientists, who are interested in learning more about the questions of law and ethics surrounding data and analytics.
If you want to further your subject knowledge, you may be interested in these courses from the same provider. They share the same subject and overall learning outcomes:
What software or tools do you need?
No prior knowledge or specific tools are required.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.