Summary of Week 1
We have just scratched the surface of what is a complex and compelling subject. This week we have given a broad introduction to exercise prescription and you have:
- Studied the definitions of physical activity, exercise, and sedentary behaviour, and explored the METS values for different physical activities.
- Examined how the body responds to acute and chronic physical exercise.
- Explored the evidence behind exercise prescription, and watched how a clinical exercise program can have an impact on patient rehabilitation.
- Reflected on physical activity guidelines and your perceptions behind exercise prescription.
Thinking about these elements:
- How will you apply what you have learned this week with your own patients, or in your own daily life?
© Trinity College Dublin