Looking forward to our final week
So, here we are at the end of our penultimate week of the course.
Once again we would like to thank everyone for really engaging with the discussions, articles, videos and quizzes. This week we focussed on what to do after a fall, both the immediate and longer-term actions to take:
- How to get up safely after a fall
- How to call for help or how to safely wait on the ground
- How to spot the warning signs of an underlying medical problem
- What happens in a falls clinic
- How to keep our bones healthy
Next week we will learn more about treatments offered to people who have had a fall, potential treatments emerging from research and what the future might hold. We will also have the opportunity to feedback. We will revisit the fear of falling survey to see whether there have been any changes over the last two weeks and we will share our experiences of putting our new found knowledge to the test.
© Newcastle University