Skip to 0 minutes and 11 seconds Innovation is what moves us forward, from the wheel to the internet and everything in between. This course focuses on innovation in the fashion industry. Through old archive footage of Marks and Spencer clothing adverts in the 1950s, videos from Marks and Spencer garment and innovation specialists, as well as activities and quizzes, this course will look at the ways in which the fashion industry develops new and innovative ideas to make better clothing. Along the way, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to interact with learners from around the world, giving you new perspectives on the topic. Sign up now to Innovation– The Fashion Industry.
Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $39
Innovation: the Fashion Industry
This course introduces a case study showing how Marks & Spencer has been a key innovator in fashion, introducing new fabrics that make our lives easier and more comfortable.
You will see how M&S continues to drive innovation to bring consumers new and better products. You will also consider your own clothing and its innovation story, research how a favourite item of clothing is the result of innovative developments in the industry and share your findings with other learners.
- An overview of innovation: defining different types and levels
- Case study: incremental innovation at M&S
- Innovation in fashion advertising
- Fashion innovation outside the retail industry
- How to create an educational video
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the different types of innovation and discuss examples of each.
- Identify the three levels of innovation: incremental, radical, and disruptive.
- Discuss the different types and levels of innovation in the fashion industry.
- Evaluate the way in which clothes were marketed in the 1950s compared to today.
- Explore future directions in fabric and garment innovation and discuss technologies which have impacted on innovation in the fashion industry.
- Research and report on the history and development of an item of clothing.
- Record the history and development of your chosen clothing item.
- Share and discuss your research with fellow learners.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of the Going to University collection which has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study at the University of Leeds and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
Completion of the courses will also enhance students’ university applications.
The courses can also be used as a teachers’ classroom enrichment resource.
Courses in this collection are also great for people that want an introduction in the specific subjects discussed in each course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.