See what’s changed in the financial services industry in the last decade
The financial crisis of the late 2000s transformed the UK financial services industry. This online course takes stock and examines the industry today.
You will review the history of the industry leading up to the financial crisis; examine its institutions and the issues they now grapple with; walk down the financial supermarket aisles and see what’s changing with the products on offer; and find out how the industry is now regulated and protects consumers.
The Open University’s Centre for the Public Understanding of Finance created this course, with the generous support of True Potential LLP.
What topics will you cover?
- The historical development of financial services in the UK
- The 2007/08 financial crisis
- The financial services industry after the financial crisis
- The revisions to the regulation of the industry after the financial crisis
- Financial products and new product offerings for consumers
- The pensions revolution in the UK
- How financial firms are regulated
- How financial product sales are regulated
- How consumers are protected and helped in the financial market place
Who is the course for?
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLBFbanking to talk about this course on social media.