Optimise your mental and brain health through diet and nutrition.
Poor diet and poor mental health are the leading causes of mortality and morbidity worldwide. We now know that diet quality is a modifiable factor that is linked to mental and brain health across all stages of our lives.
We will explore how our daily diets may affect our mental and brain health, including the role of our immune system and gut microbiome.
The course will provide research evidence, practical examples, skills development, and collaboration on dietary intake assessment, strategies and resource sharing for dietary change.
- Diet and nutrition in mental and brain health
- Understanding biological mechanisms
- Changing diet to optimise mental and brain health
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the relationship between diet/nutrition, and mental and brain health.
- Explain why diet and nutrition is important for mental and brain health.
- Explore the principles and strategies of dietary change.
Who is the course for?
This course has been created for consumers and practitioners who are interested in improving and managing mental health with diet; including those who would like to undertake further study in this area.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #foodandmood to talk about this course on social media.