- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $69
Food and Mood: Improving Mental Health Through Diet and Nutrition
Learn how healthy dietary choices can improve your mental and brain health
Poor diet and poor mental health are the leading causes of mortality and morbidity worldwide. We now know that diet quality is a modifiable factor that is linked to mental and brain health across all stages of our lives.
We will explore how our daily diets may affect our mental and brain health, including the role of our immune system and gut microbiome.
The course will provide research evidence, practical examples, skills development, and collaboration on dietary intake assessment, strategies and resource sharing for dietary change.
What topics will you cover?
- The relationship between diet/nutrition and mental and brain health
- Factors influencing diet, nutrition and mental health
- Dietary styles, behaviours, guidelines and assessment
- The role of inflammation and gut microbiota for mental health
- How diet can be optimised for mental and brain health
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the relationship between diet/nutrition, and mental and brain health
- Explain how diet and nutrition might influence mental and brain health
- Explore the principles and strategies of dietary change
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest, or with experience of, good or bad mental health.
This course will also be of interest to healthcare practitioners working with people with mental and brain health issues or in roles related to diet, nutrition and mental and brain health education.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: