The role of the fraud investigator under the FIM
Under the Fraud Investigation Model (FIM), a fraud investigator is expected to search for the truth and bring those responsible to account for their actions in good time.
© Motortion / Getty Images
They need to give consideration to all of the available options and sanctions by:
- Establishing parameters for the investigation
- Gathering all of the necessary material available
- Pursuing all reasonable lines of enquiry
- Assessing the facts to establish events
- Identifying those responsible, how they should be held to account and by whom
The investigation of all fraud offences requires a careful and logical approach, and the investigator should consider using the extensive network of skilled professionals available in the counter-fraud world whenever possible.
© Coventry University. CC BY-NC 4.0