Introduction to Week 2
Welcome to the second week of Leadership Theory: The Basics.
Last week, we looked at the following approaches to leadership:
- Trait: assumes that some individuals are born with certain physical, social and personal characteristics and other traits that differentiate them from non-leaders
- Style: focuses on the leader’s behaviours by identifying what they do and how they act
- Skills: focuses on knowledge and abilities
- Situational: a flexible and adaptive leadership style, emphasising the need to adapt the leadership style to suit the requirements or situations of the organisation
This week, we start by taking a look at the more contemporary approaches to leadership.
Through this week’s activities you will explore:
- Different contemporary approaches to leadership
- Role of leadership in change management
- Myths and reality of leadership
- Impact of leadership on the organisational culture
© Coventry University. CC BY-NC 4.0