Explore future challenges and and how to maintain effective crisis management
How is BCM and CM capability assured and what challenges does the future bring?
In this course, you’ll examine the potential solutions and challenges of moving to an Industry 4.0 model, as well as the role and significance of effective horizon scanning as a BCM/CM upstream approach.
You’ll learn about the importance of crisis/incident command and control and the importance of having an exercise programme to build competency in operational and strategic domains.
What topics will you cover?
- Horizon scanning
- The current and future challenge of increasing complexity
- Opportunities and impacts of Industry 4.0
- How to run a BCM/CM exercise
- Command and control techniques
- How to set strategic priorities and identify key issues and actions during a crisis
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the importance of horizon scanning
- Identify how increasing complexity will change the landscape for BCM and CM
- Identify the likely opportunities and impacts of Industry 4.0
- Develop an understanding about the importance of command and control and common techniques that can assist in the triaging of an incident/crisis
- Develop a typical exercise Master Events List for a business continuity incident and explain how narrative and injects may be used to escalate the incident into a crisis
- Develop a social media response and press release in response to a crisis
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people who want to learn about how future organisational challenges and needs may impact BCM/CM and learn how to develop a crisis management exercise.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Join the conversation on social media
You can use the hashtag #futurechallengesandeffectivecrisismanagement to talk about this course on social media.