What topics will you cover?
Week 1: Is there a Politics to Eating and Drinking?
- How to make the best use of this course?
- Is every meal political?
- The importance of being human
- There is no such a thing as a free lunch
Week 2: Is the diplomatic use of gastronomy leading to a World Order?
- National uses of gastronomy
- Diplomatic uses of hospitality
Week 3: Is private sociability conducive to appropriate behaviour as a citizen?
- Meeting foreigners
- Accommodating guests
Week 4: Are public banquets different from family dinners?
- No, there is some formalism in informal meetings
- Yes, public banquets are even more formal
Week 5: A philosophy of food and mood
- Culinary and cosmic orders
- Social orders
Week 6: Gastronomy, Hospitality and cultural orders
- Is cooking and hosting possible without organization?
- How does differentiation impact cooking and hospitality?
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £59.00
Statement of Participation £39.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLhospitality to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course