Weekly study6 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Global Studies: Risks and Threats in International Relations
Understand how risks and threats affect our world
This four-week course offers you the opportunity to investigate why some events have a longer-lasting impact on global affairs than others. You’ll look at which threats affect foreign affairs and global policy, and how those threats can be evaluated.
Dive into the world of global studies and explore how the global political landscape is shaped by cultural divides and anticipated threats.
This course will provide you with insights gleaned from demography, geography and anthropology, which in turn will enable you to make informed predictions about the future of international relations.
Ce cours peut être entièrement suivi en français. Des traductions françaises sont disponibles, les discussions se déroulant sur un forum francophone.
Passer en revue les enjeux mondiaux, évaluer l’impact des clivages culturels et des menaces sécuritaires sur la politique étrangère et internationale.
Assess major issues in geopolitics
Despite periods of relative stability, there are constant challenges within politics and international relations. You’ll review issues within communication, the instability of norms in politics and business, and social uprisings. Consider why people rebel, and the imbalances of power between people and states.
Consider today’s most pressing threats to stability
Worldwide change is only accelerating - environmental, cultural, and military pressures all need new means to meet expanding challenges.
You’ll learn how to assess these risks, looking closely at sustainability challenges such as water depletion and deforestation. You’ll then move on to review the impact of technology on warfare, and whether those changes will ever really spell the end of war.
- Political risks
- International risks
- Regional risks
- Intercultural communication
- Institutional and political instability
- Revolutions and civil strife
- Exhaustion of natural resources
- Increasing nuclear risks and cyber risks
- Security issues and disarmament
- The transformation of war
- New polarities, new centers of power
- New norms, new practices
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Improve your knowledge in international studies (including history and theories of international relations and international economics)
- Evaluate the probability and emergency attached to each risk and threat, and make educated guesses about our future
- Reflect upon demographic, geographic, and anthropological data
Who is the course for?
This course will be of particular interest to business and international-relations students; professionals working for global businesses; and IGO and NGO experts dealing with intercultural issues.
No experience in Global Studies is required - anyone with an interest in global politics and culture will benefit.
If you’re taking this course as part of the International Relations programme for credit, you’ll be expected to spend 10 hours per week on it. If you’re not taking the course for credit, six hours per week is enough for basic understanding.
This course has been developed by Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM); a leading business school which has achieved international recognition thanks to its expertise in technology, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends