What topics will you cover?
- Negotiating yourself through the first days in a new job
- How to make a good first impression
- Active listening and clarifying information
- Culture through global, cultural and personal influences
- The elements that make up an organisation’s culture
- Having effective intercultural conversations
- Teamwork as a means of effective working practices
- Building rapport with colleagues
- Showing initiative in the workplace
- Building an effective network
- Developing time management skills
- Developing confidence and resilience
- Developing resilience through flexibility and adaptability
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone starting work, returning to work, or thinking ahead to the start of their career. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills.
What software or tools do you need?
The course is aimed at native and non-native English speakers at around intermediate level (approximately B1 on the CEFR) or above.
Who will you learn with?
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLglobalworkplace to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course