Understand the graduate recruitment process and prepare for the world of work
As a graduate, deciding which career path to choose, learning how to write a professional CV, and developing the interview skills to secure your dream job can be challenging – especially during these uncertain times.
On this course, you’ll follow recent graduates through the highly competitive graduate job application process.
Through their journeys, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the graduate job market.
With employers seeking candidates who can prove their employability skills, you’ll learn how to get workplace-ready, so that you can land the job you really want.
What topics will you cover?
This course will walk you through how to nail each stage of the graduate job application process.
Week 1 - Understanding yourself and the job market
- Analysing the graduate job market.
- Learning the importance of employability skills.
- Identifying your skills and competencies.
- Making informed career decisions such as determining which jobs are suitable for you.
Week 2 - How to master the job application process
- Creating achievement-based CVs.
- Crafting cover letters that will be read.
- Optimising your LinkedIn profile.
- Smart searching for graduate jobs online.
Week 3 - How to become interview confident
- Online tests.
- Phone and video interviews.
- Assessment centres.
- Face-to-face interviews. Conquering your nerves.
- Understanding the difference between competency and strength-based interviews.
- Understanding the need to interview more than once - practice makes perfect!
- Interviewing for jobs you do not want.
- Following up after interviews.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course has been designed for students and graduates looking for guidance on how to land a graduate job.
The course is also useful for anyone who would like to bring their job-hunting skills up-to-date.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: