Consider a fully sustainable tourism industry through the green economy approach
This course will provide a critical understanding of the opportunities and challenges that a green economy transition can bring to tourism and allied industries. You will consider a range of best practices from around the world.
- Impacts of global warming and how tourism and allied industries can adapt to climate change
- What is green economy? Understanding the concepts and latest policies of green economy and the importance of tourism sector
- Opportunities and challenges facing the transition of tourism and allied industries to green economy
- Range of best practices (in tour operation, accommodation, transport and event management sectors) from around the world
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop an understanding of the theoretical frameworks, concepts, policies and challenges related to the green economy approach
- Develop an understanding of the necessities for transition to a green economy and enhance awareness of tourism sector best practices
Who is the course for?
This course will be of interest and relevant to students who have a background in social sciences, arts and humanities, business studies, tourism and hospitality, and/or those with a background in sustainable development.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.