Welcome to the course
The Hans Christian Andersen Centre at the University of Southern Denmark welcomes you to this course, Hans Christian Andersen’s Fairy Tales.
The course is aimed at everybody who wishes to study the universe of Hans Christian Andersen, beginners as well as teachers and scholars. The course may also help those who are preparing for further studies in literature, as it gives a good foundation for analysing texts. If you are already at degree level in literature, this course could be a good supplement to your studies. Ultimately though, this course is suitable for anyone who loves fairy tales.
By taking this course you will:
- Gain knowledge on the life and works of the writer Hans Christian Andersen.
- Gain knowledge on the fairy tale genre.
- Be able to discuss, analyse and interpret fairy tales using relevant models.
- Gain insight into the themes embedded in Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tales.
- Be able to reflect on and discuss the topicality and cross-cultural relevance of Hans Christian Andersen.
© The Hans Christian Andersen Centre