Skip to 0 minutes and 9 secondsWould you like to learn more about Hispanic culture through film, such as the works of Luis Bunuel, Pedro Almodovar, and Guillermo del Toro? Then take a look at this.
Hispanic Culture Through Film
Duration 3 weeks
Weekly study 4 hours
Explore Hispanic culture through three iconic film directors
This online course will explore Hispanic culture through the work of three iconic Hispanic film directors: Luis Buñuel, Pedro Almodóvar and Guillermo del Toro.
Each week, we will look at a different Hispanic director and you’ll discover why so many people like their work. You’ll train your eyes and ears, evaluating photography, movement, color, acting and story, helping you to enjoy all types of film.
You’ll also learn to recognize and interpret cultural and ideological messages in film, and talk about the ways that Hispanic culture in film differs from your own.
What topics will you cover?
- Recognize Luis Buñuel and his contributions to film and culture.
- Learn to analyze basic concepts of photography and mise en scène,
- Describe the photography and mise en scène to Buñuel films.
- Recognize Pedro Almodóvar and why he is important.
- Learn to recognize sexual politics, camp, and Kitsch on film & Identify them in the films of Almodóvar
- Recognize Guillermo del Toro and why he is important
- Learn basics about movement and editing
- Be able to analyze films of del Toro through movement and editing
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who can understand English, and is interested in Hispanic culture and film. No prior experience or qualifications are necessary.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLHispanicFilm to talk about this course on social media.